SAVCOR FOREST ACQUIRES QUANTIFIRE LTD.
On May 14th 2012, Savcor Forest Oy acquired QuantiFire Ld., a subsidiary of R&D Service Group. The company will be merged into Savcor Forest operations and technologies integrated with those of Savcor Forest Group.
QuantiFire specialises in measuring microbes with molecular tools from various industrial processes and with techniques applicable to pulp & paper industry, mining industry, bioenergy applications, waste water management and dairy industry. During its history QuantiFire has served over 50 companies within Europe.
This acquisition strengthens Savcor Forest's existing product portfolio and allows searching of new business opportunities from other application areas. All QuantiFire’s existing business relationships will be continued and developed through Savcor Forest’s global sales offices. Compatibility with Savcor Forest’s existing solutions includes Wedge Process Diagnostics system and MAF-technology used for process purity.
QuantiFire is specialised in measuring microbes with molecular tools from various matrices, providing
- Panels for human and animal digestive tract microbiota
- Microbiological analyses of foods, feeds and their production processes
- Microbial analyses associated to spoilage processes
- Microbial quality control analyses of industrial processes
- Pathogen detection and panels for virulence factors
- Assays for environmental monitoring
For more information please contact Savcor Forest CEO Jukka Rautiainen or Vice President Jarmo Kahala.
22 May 2012